- Regio Maastricht
Vacancy: PMO (Standplaats Maastricht)
As a PMO you are responsible for delivering IT Project and Program Management support. You are also responsible for analyzing the IT portfolio, consisting of multiple projects. The PMO provides reporting, structure, efficiency, standards and quality assurance across all projects. This also enables the PMO to provide timely and accurate information to key stakeholders for effective decision making.
Furthermore, not only does the PMO safeguard the IT Project Management Process and worldwide Project Management Methodology to ensure it is effectively and consistently deployed, the PMO also collects real-time feedback to enrich the methodology and processes based on best practices. In this role the PMO is a liaison between Means & Methods (processes and methodology) and the Competence Centers (implementation and execution) in order to ensure continuous improvement and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the Project Management Process.
Reporting & Project Execution:
- Ensure timely delivery & quality of overall reporting and Project Management deliverables;
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on project budget and resources;
- Challenge Project and Program Managers with respect to Project Management deliverables timeliness, quality, accuracy and integrity;
- Prepare program and financial reporting and analysis of Competence Center project;
- Timely escalation of issues to all relevant stakeholders.
- Co-develop project plans and proactively assist regular scheduling activities;
- Provide accurate project management dashboard reporting & metrics (status on the triple constraints);
- Provide guidance during the financial forecasting (budget) process and proactively assist regular financial management;
- Structure regular review and tollgate meetings;
- Prepare communication and/or escalations on the issues/risks and the required contingency/mitigation actions to the project sponsor and stakeholders;
- Secure documentation of all relevant Project Management documents, decisions and changes.
- Deliver proactive input into Project Management Process, -Governance and –Documentation Improvements;
- Drive the roll-out and embedding of project (program) management methods;
- Participate and/or lead cross PMO initiatives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the project management processes in cooperation with IT Means & Methods.
- Partner with Information Officer to assess and define intake, execution and prioritization of Project Proposals;
- Point of contact for Competence Center Programs and Projects.
You have an Bachelor working and thinking level.
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience on a managing consultant level in project, business or technology management and/or minimum of 2 years of experience in Project Management;
- Background in (supporting) program and project management;
- Background in Information Technology environment;
- Sound knowledge of project management methodologies like PRINCE2 and PMBOK;
- Experience with planning methods and tooling (e.g: MS Project, EPM) is preferred;
- Experience with managing (small) changes or projects is a plus.
- Decisiveness, initiative, setting clear priorities, giving direction, influencing without power;
- Ability to evaluate team behavior at all levels and possess the necessary credibility to coach and influence that behavior in a positive way;
- Skills to support and advise middle and senior management to effect sustainable change in complex scenarios in large organizations;
- Ability to apply process thinking, process design and process improvement methodologies to generate significant and measurable benefits;
- High attention to details;
- Strong client focus and excellent communication skills;
- Solution minded, precise and practical;
- Open minded, creative when handling problems independently;
- Committed to delivering qualitative results;
- Drive for improvements;
- Fluent in English.
Context of the position:
Within IT the Competence Centers are accountable for IT application development for their respective Business unit(s). The PMO supports the Competence Center by providing project management support and coordination, quality control and specifically financial support to the associated projects and programs.
The PMO reports to the Director within the competence center Product and has internal interfaces with Project and Solution Managers, IT and Business stakeholders, finance, purchasing, suppliers and consultants.